Dave Dvorak, Georgia (TE 2018)
Trustees are elected to serve three-year terms.
Pat Devoto, Georgia
Advisors are appointed by the Chairman to serve as needed.
Nominating Committee: Submits nominations to the Board for the annual approval of Trustees and the Secretary and Treasurer every two years. Chair: Beth Hopkins, Dave Dvorak and Derek White
Finance/Investment Committee: Oversees the investments of the Foundation. Chair: Dennis Covington, John Herring and Randy Stephens (Staff: John Callen)
Junior Grants Committee: Evaluation of grant requests from individual players and state foundations. Chair: Donnie Ellis, Lance Hickman, Beth Hopkins and Leslie Jackson (Staff: Cee Jai Jonesand Bill Ozaki)
Community Grants Committee: Promotes these grants to the states and CTA’s, evaluates and approves new applications for first year funding and reviews recipients’ accountability reports and approves second year funding. Chair: Huey Townsend, Rudy Lewis, Paul Pittman, Harlon Matthews, Eleanora Mauritson and Pat Devoto (Staff: Cee Jai Jones)
Scholarship Committee: Promotes and administers the college scholarships offered by the Foundation. Chair: John Herring, Rudy Lewis, Jenifer Tucker, Lance Hickman and Helen Smith (Staff: Cee Jai Jones)
Special Events: Oversees the events that increase the visibility and assets of the Foundation and plans and implements efforts to solicit individual contributions. Chair: Jenifer Tucker, Paula Hale, Dave Dvorak, Susan Habeeb and Leslie Jackson (Staff: Andrew Feldman)
- Plans and implements efforts to solicit individual contributions
- Develops the potential for major gifts, corporate gifts, legacy gifts and large grants, which includes developing a cause/reason for giving
- Partners with state foundations to organize joint fundraisers in the states
- Develop a plan for revenue sharing on major gifts and fundraisers with the state foundations
- Coordinates funding and efforts with the USTA Southern NJTL Ad Hoc Committee
Chair: Paul Pittman (Trustee-S. C.); Vice-Chair: Mike McNulty (Advisor-Louisiana), Dudley Reynolds (Alabama), Steve Duffel (Advisor-Arkansas), Mark Tipton (Advisor-Georgia), Terry Bunnell (Kentucky), Huey Townsend (Trustee-Mississippi), Bonnie Vandegrift (N. C.), Jack Mills (South Carolina), Bill McGugin (Tennessee), Brett Schwartz (Advisor, Louisiana-NJTL), Jason Miller (State ED-Kentucky), John Callen (Staff)
Website/Social Media Committee:
Promotes the Foundation and the Southern Tennis Hall of Fame at www.southerntennisfoundation.com and through social media, including information on officers, trustees and advisors; programs, grants and financial assistance offered; grant and scholarship applications and recipients; Southern Tennis Hall of Fame inductee pictures, information, videos and nominations. Chair: Randy Stephens, Donnie Ellis, Harlon Matthews and Elizabeth Walker (Staff: Ron Cioffi and Hal Regi)
Build It Forward Representative:
Works with the USTA Southern Committee to distribute grant dollars to facilities. Paula Hale (Staff: John Callen)
NJTL Ad Hoc Representatives:
Works with the USTA Southern NJTL Committee and the Foundation Fundraising Committee to determine how the Foundation can best support NJTL chapters in the Southern Section. Brett Schwartz, Mike McNulty, Paul Pittman, John Herring (Staff: John Callen and Cee Jai Jones)
Hall of Fame Selection Committee:
Selects and notifies Hall of Fame Inductees.
- Steve Duffel-Chair (Arkansas, TE 2019)
- Lucy Garvin (South Carolina, TE 2020)
- Susan Habeeb (Kentucky, TE 2018) *
- Randy Stephens (Georgia, TE 2018) *
- Jeff Gray (Alabama, TE 2019) *
- Drew Myers (Louisiana, TE 2019) *
Committee members are elected to serve a 3-year term and may be reelected to serve a second consecutive 3-year term, subject to Board approval. The Committee Chair also serves a 3-year term. If the Committee Chairman is eligible to serve a second consecutive term on the committee following the conclusion of the current term, the STF Chairman is permitted to nominate the Committee Chair to serve a second consecutive term, subject to Board approval. Those with an asterisk (*) are eligible for re-election to a second 3-year term. All positions are nominated by the Chairman and approved by the Board.
Trustee Meeting Schedule:
- USTA Southern Annual Meeting in Atlanta in January
- USTA Southern Summer BOD Meeting in August (various states)
- October conference call
- Additional conference calls as needed
- Committees are expected to meet via conference call as needed
- Committee activity dates: Nominating is in the early fall; Finance/Investment is ongoing; Junior Grants is ongoing; Community Grants is in the winter and spring; Scholarship is in the spring and summer; Special Events is in the fall and at the USTA Annual Meeting; Fundraising is ongoing; Website/Social Media is ongoing; Hall of Fame Selection is in the summer
(*) Members of the Hall of Fame Selection Committee are eligible for re-election to a second three-year term on the committee. The Committee Chair is appointed and serves a six-year term from date of appointment. TE=Term ending.
Southern Tennis Foundation Board, Trustees and Advisors: Front row (from let): Pat Devoto, Susan Habeeb, Beth Hopkins, Cheri Grosvenor, Leslie Jackson, Eleanora Mauritson, Paula Hale. Back row (from left): Dennis Covington, John Callen, Robert Worley, Rudy Lewis, John Herring, Dave Dvorak, Randy Stephens, Rex Maynard, Huey Townsend, Donnie Ellis, Lance Hickman, Paul Pittman. Not pictured: Steve Duffel, Harlon Matthews, Mike McNulty, Helen Smith, Mark Tipton, Brett Schwartz, Derek White.